Background: the grid under pressure
With around 30 Gigawatts of older fossil fuel and nuclear generation due to be de-commissioned by 2025, the UK is marching towards an energy capacity ‘gap’. The ‘capacity margin’, the buffer between peak demand and supply, has tightened, and the National Grid is being forced to take measures to secure additional capacity.
The commercial energy storage opportunity
Cost effective energy storage has arrived, bringing businesses the opportunity to:
- Store electricity from renewable sources such as solar panels: if you have a solar system, store excess solar for later use – time shift rather than export it to the grid;
- Reduce peak electricity costs by reducing ‘time-of-use’ surcharges such as TRIAD charges (TNUoS) and DUoS;
- Earn income by providing support services such as frequency regulation, balancing services and capacity market payments to the National Grid;
- Install a reliable commercial UPS battery back-up (replacing environmentally unfriendly diesel generators);
- Avoid the need for costly grid upgrades e.g. to support EV charger roll-out;
Zestec provide in energy storage solutions for businesses, giving increased levels of control over energy consumption and the ability to safeguard against volatile energy costs.Working with our institution investor partners enables us to offer funded energy storage solutions to high electricity users, talk to us about your needs.
To find out more about our energy storage solutions, please get in touch on 01202 018800 or email@example.com